Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Red Mystery Orchid

About 4 years ago, my jewelry teacher gave out some very unusual and beautiful wedding favors: blooming orchid plants in glass cube containers. I thought that was a lovely idea. The orchid that I was given had a tall, slender appearance and the flowers were a vibrant red shade with yellow veins through each petal.





I have hand forged copies of the wedding favor blossoms, but I have never known the exact name of this eye-catching orchid variety. I suspect that it is a sort of dendrobium, but just to be safe, I've passed along my query to the experts @ Orchid Board. Besides being a wealth of orchid know-how on the web, this forum is overflowing with lovely orchid images that will perhaps be the inspiration for some more of my sterling orchid adornments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment