Thursday, October 1, 2009

Artist Collaboration with Unabashed Apparel!



Poor, neglected blog! Here's a post that should reflect how I've been spending my time (because it's probably too clear that those extra hours haven't been devoted to writing on here)! Just in time for Autumn, I was invited to create some new bangles to pair with a line of Fall fashions from Unabashed Apparel.



Circe Crossover Top shown in Quill paired with Nimbus Skirt shown in Heron / Citron Spice Bangle Set


Sarahbeth Larrimore is the creative, color addict responsible for designing a collection of clothing that is saturated with rich tones and sumptious details. Her designs are certainly inventive - and not without a bit of bohemian flare - but still give a nod to the classic lines and forms that make each piece feel timeless.


Circe Crossover Top shown in Smoke / Ribbon Candy Bangle Set



The images of this Autumn line are laced with a gilded type of Gothic beauty - and a haunting touch of mystery. So perfectly suited for the time of year and my personal favorite of all the holidays: Hallowe'en! When described to me, Sarahbeth summed up her vision as:

"The general theme is a very magical - rich, saturated colored affair. I'm thinking some deep ink bottle green, midnight blue, orchid, raspberry, pumpkin - and some steel blue/grey with a bit of gilt for golden measure."


Lyra Top shown in Ink




Steel City Bangle Set




Cobblestone Pullover shown in Quill / Emerald Bangle Set



I met this marvelous artisan through Etsy, where I got my first sampling of her work: a lovely raspberry colored layering top with lacey accents. That top has such a supple, delicious feel against the skin - it has made it's way into some of the photos of my other jewelry.




Making these bracelet sets to pair with Unabashed Apparel's Fall clothing has been such an enjoyable and inspiring project. Please take a look at our hard work - and share your thoughts here!





1 Comment:

  1. Reen Bean said...
    Gorgeous. I love your work, your colour combinations are lovely!

Post a Comment